Categorized | Coaching, Sport Psych

Goal for Athletes Part 2: A Shocking Study!

Before you read this you should read PART 1 – GOALS FOR ATHLETES: http://bjjengineer.com/?p=328

As promised today I am going to talk about a crazy study that was perform twice in history that will blow your mind away.This is from the book “What They Don’t Teach You At Harvard Business School” by ~ Mark H. McCormack:

The study of our interest was conducted at Harvard in 1979 and 1989. In 1979 the graduates of the MBA program where asked:

“Have you set clear written goals for your future and have made plans to accomplish them.”

It turned out that only 3% of the graduate had written goals and plans, and 13%had goals but they where not in writing, and fully 84% had no specific goals at all.

Ten  years later in 1989 they interview the same graduates . They found that the 13 percent who had goals but not in writing were earinng twice as much as the 84 percent that had no specific goals.

But the surprising figure is that the 3% who had written goals and plans to achieve them were earning ten times as much as the other 97% of graduates from that class all together.

HOW ABOUT THAT!

Writing down your goals is no cliche…If youa re able to wriet them down they will be more clear and give you a betetr sence of direction.

In my next goal article I will write about a goal setting technique I just discovered that works your subconcious mind like you have no idea.

Roberto Torralbas

The BJJEngineer

Leave a Reply